Looking for the best hair color in Irmo, Columbia SC? Look no further than Gore Salon.
Hair Color is a very individualized service, so at Gore Salon in the Irmo Columbia area, we continually train our stylists on all the latest color trends and techniques, and we work with each client to understand their personal style.
Hair Color is such big part of our personal style statement. Male and female, young and old, today we are wearing our hair as an accessory, and we like to change it up. And depending on the hair cut and how noticeable the desired effect is, there are so may different hair color techniques today.
Gore Salon stocks Redken professional hair color products, so that you get the desired effect, from natural highlights or grey coverage to show stopping color! Redken Chromatics, Shades EQ and more!
Gore Salon is the only Redken Elite Salon in the area.
Foil Highlights and Lowlights – the best technique for varied tone
Foil Highlights – are an essential tool for the color technician to add one or more accent colors, called highlights, to your base color. Hair color or lightener is brushed on individual sections of hair and wrapped in foil, using varying degrees of width and volume, to give a dimension to your natural color.
Sparkle foil highlights – provides up to 8 foils and are perfect as a taster of hair color or as an accent in one area of your hair (i.e. a fringe or parting). A few well placed foils can also brighten up your existing color.
Partial foil highlights – refers to anything less than a full head of foils. A very open-ended term that generally means the crown area, part-line and front hairline.
Full foil highlights – create an all-over effect of highlighted hair that can be woven or sliced, depending on the effect you require. It can be as natural or as bold as you would like it. You can add in as many colors as you would like to create a feeling of naturalness or it can be as big as your imagination.
Framing highlights – placement of foils around the face to add brightness or for for dramatic effects to emphasis a haircut.
Lowlights -are like highlights with a major exception…instead of removing color, hair color is used to add tone or depth to washed out ends or simply adding darker strands. These lowlights add depth and variation.Foils are not the only means of applying color and lightener to get a dramatic effect.
There is also balayage, which uses a brush, without any foils, to apply color in a less precise manner. The overall effect is an effortless, casual look.
The Redken Blur technique is a hair color process unlike any other.Gore stylists have the training and experience with all the latest professional color techniques and products, and that includes the new Blur hair color technique.
With the Blur technique, hair color is placed on the top, middle and bottom portions of the hair, and blended from the top down and the bottom up. Where the colors meet, they “blur” into each other creating another color. The Redken Blur gives the ultimate color statement, whether you want to whisper or shout!
Blonde on Blonde – A hair coloring technique used to add a lighter shade to a darker hair color base or to add darker shade to a light blonde hair color. This technique helps your blonde hair transition from sun-kissed to winter snow ready!
All Over Color & Regrowth / Root Touch Ups A complete change of color can produce dramatic and stunning results, or it may be used just to cover grey hair, or to enliven you own natural shade with better hair color depth and shine.
All over color- is a permanent or semi-permanent hair color that is applied starting at the roots to ensure even and extensive coverage to achieve a perfect result. Our extensive hair color chart offers a massive choice of shades (depth of color) and tones (balance of tint colors).
Regrowth (or root touch ups) – touch up any new growth in between hair coloring services with a root touch up. Not only does it cover new roots, but it also adds renewed color depth and shine so that your hair looks in great condition.
Beautiful Color & Shine
Hair coloring has been revolutionized over the past decade by new techniques and technology. Whether you want dramatic color or glamorous shine, these are just some of the many methods we use to create beautiful hair color transformations.
Glossing – is a superb way to give your hair masses of shine, and add intensity and depth to your color. This semi-permanent hair color contains bees wax and conditioners that are gentle on your hair and can be used to camouflage grey hair or add depth, sheen and vibrancy to your hair color, whether natural or already colored Glossing will not lighten hair – it adds tone.
Redken Shades EQ Gloss is hair color that is fun, flirty and very fashionable. Speak to your hair colorist for a Shades EQ demi-permanent hair color that delivers color, shine and condition to your hair, a low commitment result means you can change the color of your hair every season.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- 100% more shine than before coloring*
- #1 Ammonia-Free, long-lasting, acidic, liquid demi-permanent haircolor**
- Glaze, refresh, correct and blend gray
- Contains wheat amino acids for healthy, shiny color with incredible conditioning
Gore Before & After Pics
To see our hair cut and hair color transformations, view our Before & After gallery featuring pictures of Gore Clients.
Gore Hair Color Clients
5 signs you need a hair color makeover:
1. Has your hair color lost its shine?A simple hair color gloss treatment can restore shine brilliantly, not to mention leave hair soft and silky feeling.
2. Are you no longer getting compliments on your hair color?Your stylist can add highlights or lowlights to restore dimension.”One reason this happens is when hair color and skin-tone become too close–this can cause hair color to seem faded and skin to appear washed-out.” — Redken Celebrity Colorist Tracey Cunningham
3. When is the last time you tried anything new?Instead of asking for the same shade over and over, get inspired to try a new hair color!
4. Are you having trouble keeping up with re-touches?Try the ombre hair color trend (our featured image) that’s all the rage on the red carpet. Color gradually transitions from darker at the roots to lighter at the ends, for a look that’s flattering and low maintenance.(pictured above)
5. Do you wear your hair in a ponytail 24/7? While a constant ponytail is a sign you need a different haircut, it’s also a sign you could use a new hair color. A new hue will inspire you to wear your hair down and show off your great new hair color!