If your hair needs color correction or color balancing, Gore Salon in Irmo / Columbia SC is here to help.
Changing your hair color is seldom as simple as it seems and we frequently are called upon to correct an at-home hair color attempt. If you’ve had a bad hair color experience at home or at another salon, seek one of our hair color correction experts at Gore Salon in Columbia South Carolina. Fixing hair color problems is where our dedicated team of hair colorists is worth their weight in gold. We’ll look at your hair and determine the best course of action to restore your hair back to perfection.
5 signs you need a new hair color or hair color correction:
1. Has your hair color lost its shine? A simple all over single process hair color or gloss treatment can restore shine brilliantly, not to mention cover greys and leave hair soft and silky feeling.
2. Are you no longer getting compliments on your hair color? Do you need to take your blonde hair down a notch? Your stylist can add highlights or lowlights to restore dimension.”One reason this happens is when hair color and skin-tone become too close–this can cause hair color to seem faded and skin to appear washed-out.” — Redken Celebrity Colorist Tracey Cunningham
3. When is the last time you tried anything new? Instead of asking for the same shade over and over, get inspired to try a new hair color! Wearing the same hair color you wore 20 years ago can give away your age. Ask your stylist what would he or she do if they had free reign on your hair color. You may be surprised at the answer!
4. Are you having trouble keeping up with re-touches? Why go platinum if you can’t maintain it. If you like blonde hair but prefer something low maintenance, try a balayage or a shadow root look. Color gradually transitions from darker at the roots to lighter at the ends, for a look that’s flattering and low maintenance.
5. Do you see too many different hair colors in your hair? While dimension is good, too many different shades can indicate overlapping bands of color from previous dye jobs. Each addition color is just going to look murky unless you have a pro strip out the old colors.
Fixing Hair Color Imbalances and Removing Box Dye
Hair color correction is as much a science as it is an art. Previously colored hair may have different shades at the tips than the roots, because of sun light or frequent washing. Or there could be a build-up of color on the mid-lengths that is darker than the rest. All this must be factored in to changing the hair color.
Often times, when clients attempt a box color at home, the resulting shade is not what they expected. Fixing hair color problems can mean dealing with highlights that are too yellow or removing bands or color where color has overlapped during the application process. Sometimes the attempted hair color is simply the wrong shade, or lightened too far from the natural color, which conflicts with the skin tone rather than complementing it.
Dealing with Hair Color problems – is a specialty of Gore Salon. The technician will analyze every part of your hair to calculate the accurate mix of tones and shades to restore an overall color. If you have a hair color disaster – DO NOT worry, we have the experience, skills and techniques to help you.
Call the hair color correction experts at Gore Salon in Columbia SC (803) 781-4515
Look at this Gore client, who recently came to the salon after attempting to color her hair at home. Not only was the color much too light for her complexion, the process left her hair dry and damaged.
Our client was relieved that we were able to keep the length of her hair and create that natural-looking warm blond shade that she wanted. The chosen shade of blond was perfect to complement her skin’s “cool” under tones. Her hair looks healthy and radiant, and with some extra TLC in between appointments, she’ll be able to continue to have soft, shiny hair.
Has you blonde hair turned green?
Don’t panic. Blonde hair can turn green after spending a lot of time in a chlorinated swimming pool. Along with the green tint in your hair, you may notice a slippery coating caused by the chemical build up.
How to get rid of green hair!
In order to remove the green discoloration and slimy texture, we recommend a professional chelating treatment. We use a salon product called Pre-Art to remove the chlorine deposits and lift away the buildup that is weighing your hair down. Chelating treatment prices begin at $25.
We Fix Hair Color Near You!