Hair Color is a very personal service, so at Gore Salon we train our staff to the highest skill level, and then together we discuss the hair color and techniques that will most suit your personal style.
Salon Hair Color has come charging out of the closet…male and female, young and old, today we are wearing it like a badge of honor.
Hair color has a diverse following, from teenagers shocking deep blue lowlights or streaks, to adults recapturing their sun-kissed highlights of youth, or simply erasing a few years by covering unwelcome gray.
Foil Highlights and Lowlights – the best technique for varied tone
Foils - (or hi-lites / highlights) are an essential and artistic tool for the highly-skilled color technician. Each individual foil is placed, with varying degree of width and volume, and in an wide range of tones and shades, the result is as unique as you.
Sparkle foils - provides up to 8 foils and are perfect as a taster of hair color or as a accent in one area of your hair (i.e. a fringe or parting). They can be woven or sliced, dramatic or subtle – depending on what effect you require. A few well placed foils can also brighten up your existing color.
Partial foils - refers to anything less than a full head of foils. A very open-ended term that generally means the crown area, part-line and front hairline. They are very versatile and the foils can be woven, sliced or sections of hair colored randomly whatever your wardrobe desires.
Full foils - create an all-over effect of highlighted hair that can be woven or sliced, depending on the effect you require. It can be as natural or as bold as you would like it. You can add in as many colors as you would like to create a feeling of naturalness or it can be as big as your imagination.
Framing – placement of foils around the face to add brightness or for for dramatic effects to emphasis a haircut.
Lowlights -are like highlights with a major exception…instead of removing color, hair color is used to add tone or depth to washed out ends or simply adding darker strands. These lowlights add depth and variation.
full Color Change & Regrowth / Roots
A complete change of color can produce dramatic and stunning results, or it may be used just to cover grey hair, or to enliven you own natural shade with better hair color depth and shine.
Hair color change – is a permanent hair color that is applied by our technician on small sections of hair. Starting at the root they will ensure even and extensive coverage to achieve a perfect result. Our extensive hair color chart offers a massive choice of shades (depth of color) and tones (balance of tint colors).
Regrowth (or roots) - top up your full-head color previously applied. Not only does it cover natural-color new growth, but it also adds renewed color depth and shine so that your hair looks in great condition.
Hair coloring has been revolutionized over the past decade by new techniques and technology. These are just some of the many methods we use to create beautiful hair color transformations.
Glossing - is is a superb way to give your hair masses of shine, and add intensity and depth to your color. This semi-permanent hair color contains bees wax and conditioners that are gentle on your hair and can be used to camouflage grey hair or add depth, sheen and vibrancy to your hair color, whether natural or already colored Glossing will not lighten hair – it adds tone.
Paintbox - is for the funky guy or girl that likes to be noticed. Paint box comes in all the colors of the rainbow and when different shades are fused together the result can be striking.
This is not a color for the faint-hearted as it requires lots of TLC. It is a semi-permanent hair color that must be applied to pre-lightened hair.
Color Correction & Fixing Hair Color Problems
This is where the highly skilled Master Color Technician (and we have them) is worth his / her weight in gold.
Changing your hair color - is seldom as simple as applying a new shade over the top. If your hair has been colored before you could have different shades at the ends because of sun light or frequent washing, there is likely to be root regrowth in your natural shade, and there could be a build-up of color on the mid-lengths that is too dark. A change of color under these circumstances means dealing with every part of the hair individually, using different shades and tones on each section.
Fixing imbalance and shade problems – can be as simple as dealing with hi-lites that are too yellow or removing dark bands where color has been over-applied many times. This kind of problem is dealt with every day in Gore Salon.
Dealing with Hair Color problems - is a speciality of Gore Salon- that’s why we are called Hair Color Experts. Often these complex problems will require removing color from some sections while adding to others. The technician will analyze every part of your hair to calculate the accurate mix of tones and shades to restore an overall color.
If you have a hair color disaster – DO NOT worry, we have the experience, skills and techniques to help you.
Bored with your hair color but not sure if it’s really time for a change? Here are five signs you need a hair color makeover.
1. Has your hair color lost its shine?
A simple hair color gloss treatment can restore shine brilliantly, not to mention leave hair soft and silky feeling.
2. Are you no longer getting compliments on your hair color?
Your stylist can add highlights or lowlights to restore dimension.
“One reason this happens is when hair color and skin-tone become too close–this can cause hair color to seem faded and skin to appear washed-out.” — Redken Celebrity Colorist Tracey Cunningham
4. Are you having trouble keeping up with re-touches?
Try the ombre hair color trend (our featured image) that’s all the rage on the red carpet. Color gradually transitions from darker at the roots to lighter at the ends, for a look that’s flattering and low maintenance.(pictured above)
5. Do you wear your hair in a ponytail 24/7?
While a constant ponytail is a sign you need a different haircut, it’s also a sign you could use a new hair color. A new hue will inspire you to wear your hair down and show off your great new hair color!
Our technical expertise in hair color
If you are looking for expertise, enthusiasm and experience – then Gore Salon has few equals.
The BEST Hair Color Salon in Irmo, Columbia
Call Gore Salon (803) 781-4515
More from Gore Salon on Hair Color
- Blonde Hair Color Guide for Summer Blonde Hair Color Guide by Gore. We look at blonde hair colors to suit you. Honey blonde hair, platinum blonde hair and dark blonde hair are popular blonde hair colors for Summer and here we show you examples using some friendly famous faces! Incoming search terms:hair color, hair color correction before and after, foil highlights, hair ...
- 2013 Oscars Red Carpet Hairstyles The 2013 Oscars saw the red carpet awash with starlets from the movies. The best Oscars hairstyles (and the worst) are showcased here. Take a look… Incoming search terms:hair color, hair color correction before and after, foil highlights, hair color salon, ombre haircolor, hair colorist columbia sc, ombre hair columbia sc, red ombre hair color, ...
- Red Hair Color Styles Red hair color styles are bold, stand-out and sexy. We’re set to see gorgeous red heads everywhere as we get ready to embark on the spring hair and beauty trends for the coming year. Incoming search terms:hair color, hair color correction before and after, foil highlights, hair color salon, ombre haircolor, hair colorist columbia sc, ...
- Hair Color and Style Trends for 2013 Here, we give you our pick of the most anticipated and upcoming haircut and hair color trends for 2013: Incoming search terms:hair color, hair color correction before and after, foil highlights, hair color salon, ombre haircolor, hair colorist columbia sc, ombre hair columbia sc, red ombre hair color, ombre hair salon price, color correction
- Red Hair Color – right for you? If you’re thinking of having a red hair color, there are several things to consider. First is what hue of red to go with, you have strawberry, auburn, copper, and a true red. Incoming search terms:hair color, hair color correction before and after, foil highlights, hair color salon, ombre haircolor, hair colorist columbia sc, ombre hair columbia ...
- Ombre Hair Color – fad or hairstyle trend? Ombre Hair Color what is it? The idea of Ombre is to have the roots a darker, more natural hair shade and the bottom gradually blend into a lighter tone. Incoming search terms:hair color, hair color correction before and after, foil highlights, hair color salon, ombre haircolor, hair colorist columbia sc, ombre hair columbia sc, ...